Tuesday, January 1, 2008

a new year

So, its January 1st again. This is the first time I have not stayed up to ring in the new year. I was however awakened by my neighbors' fireworks. How kind of them to let me (and the rest of the neighborhood) know that a new year has indeed begun. I'm almost scared to admit this - yet the admission is probably way overdue. I have crossed that line, the line seperating young adult and full-on parent. Like I said, in actuality I crossed this line a long, long time ago, but I have just now come to the point where I can admit it to myself and truly embrace this new stage of life. Not that I don't miss the "old days." I do, especially when I am reminded of them by my brother & sister-in-law who are reveling in the newly married stage. While Jared and I were changing diapers and reading bedtime stories, they were dancing with the rest of the AU fans in the Georgia dome and deciding what would be the best place to watch the peach drop. I have to admit that I was a bit jealous - okay, a lot jealous. But, then, when I went back to check on our babies before going to bed myself (at 10:45-ish) and saw how precious they look when they're all fast asleep holding their boo-bays and duckies, I realized that I wouldn't trade this time of my life for anything in the world. Bring on that mini-van....

No comments: