Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rach's 1st Dentist Appointment



Another milestone has been reached by Miss Rachel Belle. She went to the Dentist for the first time yesterday. I was very nervous for her ~ she's not real big on new things/people/experiences. I was all prepared for the classic crying and screaming scene. But she surprised me! With Speed by her side, she did it all and was a very big girl. No tears! No drama! No whimpers! She was a little unsure about things and didn't say a word the entire time, but she did everything they asked her to do. Her favorite part was probably the strawberry toothpaste. I have a feeling that she swallowed most of it. The hygenist said that she got just as much on her tongue as she did on her teeth.

Can I just say that pediatric dentistry has come a very long way since I was little? Rach was able to watch Finding Nemo on a flat screen tv attached to the ceiling while she was having her teeth cleaned. Taking x-rays consisted of one SMALL square camera placed in the front of her mouth. Two clicks and she was done! Remember the nasty tray of flouride the dentist made you suck on for 5 minutes? It's been replaced by a quick swab with a q-tip. Our children are very fortunate.

The hygenist, Jessica, I"m sure had some good laughs at our expense later on that afternoon. I took pictures of the whole process as you can tell.


No comments: