Saturday, July 12, 2008

Isaac Jordan is Here


well, he's finally here! The newest member of our little family, Isaac Jordan Wingard, was born Monday, July 7, at 10:30 am. He weighed in at 9 lb 3 oz and was 21 inches long. I was in labor for 2 and a half hours, which is not long at all. I do realize that, but let me just say that it was the most intense 2 and a half hours of my life. My L & D nurse was as sweet as she could be and incredibly helpful, but had my IV drip going a little slower than I wanted. I had to wait for an hour for my epidural, and by the time I got it, I was entering transition. The epidural only had time to take the edge off of the contractions and make me feel relaxed enough so that I didn't really care that I was in some very intense pain. Natural child birth has never been a desire of mine. This experience validated and solidified my decision to always use drugs. I have to say, though, that the recovery is a lot easier and quicker without them.
We brought Isaac home on Wednesday, and he's doing great. He is just so precious. He's sleeping well for us, which is so nice. He goes down between 10:30 and 11 and wakes up to eat around 2 and then again at 6. He goes right back to sleep after eating too. What a blessing! Rach & Noah just love him. Noah gets very excited and has a hard time being gentle b/c he just doesn't know how to control his excitement over baby Isaac.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

hey mom. i had no idea you had a blog! fun! glad to know is all well. cant wait to see more pics!

Misty said...

Congratulations Dawn! I am so happy for you guys!
~Misty :)

Molly O said...

Well, it seems like baby season among all my friends! Congratulations, what a blessing to have such a beautiful, growing family! I'm so glad Isaac arrived healthy and without much "drama"!
-Molly O.