Friday, September 5, 2008

Freshman Firsts

I came up with this idea for a blog topic as I was feeding Isaac at 315 this morning. Its interesting the thoughts you think in the middle of the night. Anyway, I don't know if its the start of college football or the fact that I've been in touch with a bunch of folks from college via Facebook, but recently I've been reminiscing about my years at Mississippi State and Auburn. Here are some of the things that are forever ingrained in my memory ~
*That first night in the dorm room, realizing that this really is real, that my parents and hometown are 4 hours away, and I'm about to start college.
*That first class, being blown away by the number of people in the classroom and wondering what in the world to do with my syllabus.
*Buying my first text book and thinking that there must be some misprint on the price sticker.
*The first home football game, hearing those LOUD cowbells, seeing that some folks actually dress in their Sunday best and being introduced to the "party cup."
*The first roadtrip with my roommate, thinking how great it is that I can just leave town without asking my parents' permission.
*The first trip to the grocery store, not having a clue how to feed myself.
*The first date, hoping he's not really a psycho and kicking myself for saying yes to basically a complete stranger who just happened to look cute walking to class on the drill field.

No comments: