Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Crown...Week One

Jared and I are doing the Crown financial ministries course with a small group from Philly. I'm just about to finish the first week's homework, and I'm already having trouble. Already...in the first week...not good. The part that's giving me issues is defining my life's purpose. Thats a tough one, isn't it? Especially for the first week? Most of the studies that I've been involved with tend to give you at least a week or two to get warmed up before busting you with one of those "WOW" questions. It's kind of sad, but I've never really thought much about my life's purpose. Oh I could give you the broad-brushed, Shorter catechism answer: to glorify God. But as far as what that specifically looks like in the narrow scope of my life, I don't know. Jared (and my parents) can tell you that I tend to not think too far ahead. This tendency causes issues when it comes to my decision-making. Anyway, there must be a lot of folks who struggle with answering this question b/c Crown gives several leading questions to help answer the big picture question of "why are you here?" What matters most to you? What are your passions? Those I can answer easily ~ my children, being a mom. I have had this dream for about a year now of running an orphanage. Jared shares that desire, but how would we even get started down that path and when could we feasibly do something like that? Oh well, maybe I'm just dreaming or maybe we could find some direction through this Crown study. We'll see....

1 comment:

lholcomb said...

Family of Five,

That's awesome you guys are going through the small group study! I pray that it really ministers to you and your family over the remaining weeks.

May God bless you on your journey!

Lee @ Crown