Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Did Abraham & Sarah have a sad spoon?

It was such a pretty, cool day today that the kids and I played outside for almost an hour after getting home from Bible Study. Rach rode her tricycle in the driveway while Noah pushed his little car around, and they both occasionally stopped to draw with sidewalk chalk. I sat in a chair in the shade watching them while I fed Isaac and started to wonder if the parents in the Bible ever had afternoons like this. I find it interesting that God didn't record for us what our spiritual fathers were like as toddlers or as parents really for that matter. I wondered if Sarah ever sat under a tree and watched Isaac run around throwing leaves at Ishmael. Actually, thats probably a bad example. Or if Leah ever fed Levi while watching Reuben & Simeon run around the well. Things like that had to happen because even the sons of Israel were three at some point. I wondered what those mothers thought about as they watched their children play...if they ever imagined what their sons and daughters would grow to become. I think I'll chat with them about that in Heaven someday.

No comments: