Monday, January 2, 2012

Wanting More

I sat down to read for 5 minutes, just 5 minutes. Trouble is, the book I sat down with was Kisses from Katie. I was (am) just blown away by the amazing things God has done and is doing through this young lady's life. Reading her story makes me want to fill our house with children. Jared said, "maybe I should read it too." My response to him was, "oh you should definitely read it. Just be ready."

The waiting is extremely hard today...extremely hard and extremely frustrating because Jared and I can't do anything more at this point. The process is out of our hands; we are at the mercy, so to speak, of our county social workers. It's not a fun place to be. However, I need to preach to myself this truth: Underneath those small hands of DHR are the mighty hands of our loving heavenly Father. He alone is sovereign. He alone is orchestrating every step in this adoption process for our good and His glory. "Lord I believe, help my unbelief."

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Hey girl,
just saw you started back up blogging...you know i & we know what you all are going through & we are here for you...i hope you know that!!!
love,
trace