Saturday, April 25, 2009

Feeling a bit discouraged...

and no, this is not a shameless plea for encouraging comments, or maybe it is? :-)
I don't think I realized when we first put our house on the market what a toll this whole experience would take on my emotions. Its really hard to get so excited about a showing only to hear that the buyers' didn't like my house. Jared tends to rationalize their dislike and say, well, we don't exactly love the house either or we wouldn't be trying to sell it. True enough, but I can't help but take at least a small part of their dislike personally. We may be trying to sell this house, but it is our home. We've lived here for close to 7 years now and have a ton of memories tied up in this house. Is it wrong for me to get just a tad irked at someone who walks through it for five minutes and pooh-poohs it? Probably so. But I just don't get people. Take this one buyer for instance, they came through a couple of weeks ago and liked the house fine. But they wanted to look elsewhere b/c our neighbors had a bunch of clutter underneath their deck. Thats the feedback we received from the agent, seriously. I still don't even know how to respond to that. Anyway, I know its only been 2 months and I know the real estate market is down right now, yada, yada, yada. I'm just on the down swing of this emotional rollercoaster at the moment and needing to vent.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

It will get better....we found a house we love, but now it is in foreclosure (good for the price, makes me nervous to have to "bid" for it instead of the regular "let me write an offer on it")....it is not the Crestwood one...you pray for us and I'll pray for ya'll!

I know it is something simple, but maybe if you could stage the house somewhat? I'm sure that would be hard with the kiddos, but sometimes, something that simple can make a HUGE difference...I had my mom and my aunt who is an agent, go through my house with their eyes and tell me what they saw that I could do and it worked well....sometimes just an objective point of view helps alot!
K