Tuesday, February 3, 2009

a brief sampling of my 'Rosie List'

Rarely does a Tuesday go by that I come home from Bible study without a new quote to add to my Rosie list. My Rosie list is a collection of wit and wisdom from a precious lady in our church who graciously shares with all us girls her pearls of wisdom every Tuesday morning. Containing everything from a story of how God answered her prayer for replacing a typewriter ribbon one Friday afternoon to reminders for us to love and treasure our husbands each day that we have with them ~ Mrs Rosie's storehouse of life lessons seems boundless. It makes me so happy to walk into Bible study each week, see her caring and smiling face, and know that shes going to have something very special to add to our lives. So, here's to you Mrs Rosie ~ you are a joyous treasure!

"I don't know how I ever lived this long without them helping me."
~referring to her family, who she claims thinks she doesn't have sense enough to come in out of the rain.

"A lot of womens' problems is feelings."

"Every season of your life should be the happiest time of your life."

"I was so glad when that Bible fell in the commode."
~yes, there is a story behind this one and its classic!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

I love this Dawn!!!! you are so good about remembering things like this. we need to send her the link to this. she so thinks nobody cares for what she says.
love you & sorry we weren't able to do lunch yesterday with y'all. when does jared get home?

Brittany said...

Hey Dawn! (this is Brittany) I'm assuming this is Rosie Wright? Wonderful lady and quite possibly the wisest woman in the world. And of course I'm biased, she is the BEST grandmother in the world. Please let her know about this post. She would love to know that you think what she has to say is worth mentioning.